12.01.2012

you have a friend request




"Patrick wants to be your friend"  32 friends in common.... Patrick doesn't look familiar at all. His name sounds familiar. Forget it. I'm not accepting this request. I don't really know him. Wait... we went to the same high school. Sigh. High school was a nightmare. I was fat, bullied and always in the shadow of my wonderful and smart brother. I suppose you can say I was the black sheep. I ask a friend about Patrick. He was the popular jock who all the girls adored. I look on his profile. He's single. Why not? I accept his request and he sits in my friend archive......

Months later he statuses about Shark Tank. I love Shark Tank. I'm pretty sure I will be on that show someday. I comment. Ice broken.He inboxed me...... And here is where it all began.....

 Patrick: Do you like running? Do you like running under magical rainbows until you find a huge pot of gold? Cause we are doing all that this spring/summer with a Running Club from where we grew up.... You don't even have to live there, we'll send you your gold.... Check it out and like us today for kick ass tips and advice on how to get your run on.... (he sends me a link)


 Me: I love running! Thanks for the link!


 Patrick: we are going to have a little race on the 25th of march, just for fun... little reunion.... you should come!!!! it will be fun!!! more details to come! when did you graduate? btw


 Me: I will be in Wausau on the 24-25th and Michigan on the 26th for work, otherwise I would totally be there!! I was supposed to graduate in 96, however I had my daughter in 95 and moved, so I finished school afterwards. When did you graduate?


 Patrick: oh, well, next race... glad you are on the page, i find it way more fun to run when i hear from others..... 93.... so you were between my bro and sister your name sounds familiar, but it was so long ago, unfortunately.... :) is your daughter the one that looks like you?


 Me: I think my brother was 94. My closest friend Marie was 93.... I think. Your name sounds familiar also, but my high school days definitely were not my glory days and I didn't pay much attention to many people back then. As for my daughter, who is the one that looks like me? Ha


 Patrick: yeah, i new Marie, i need to get to her new restaurant now that i'm back.... do you have two?


 Me: I have one. Do you live here?


 Patrick: i just moved back after 20 years all over, most recently aspen, coloardo


 Me: Why did you move back? Did you miss it?


 Patrick: i'd been gone along time, got divorced and just thought it would be nice to be with the fam for the first time ever. i like it so far, lots of long lost friends. i assume your daughter is the girl on your front page. Grace? still have a place in Colorado, so we'll see how long i stay.... but i like it so far!


 Me: yes, Grace is my lovely daughter. How long have you been back in town?


 Patrick: one month pretty girl.... nice work :)


 Me: I hear Colorado is amazing! I have never been there. And thank you! She is a good kid. A bookworm nerd and I love it!


 Patrick: that's what we all want out of our daughters.... colorado is sick. so many beautiful parks, skiing, medical marijuana if you are into that, really cool, hippie, awesome. love it. will always go to visit, jut not sure about living there anymore.... lots of friends, no family....


 Me: I smoked marijuana once in jamaica and once after I was in a cycle accident. Not my thing. But it totally helped with my pain after the accident. Ha Did you ski alot? I love skiing.


 Patrick: LOL... it's just cool that it is legal... i haven't smoked in quite some time myself.... yeah, i had season passes for 7 years and lived in Aspen for a year which is crazy cool... been skiing and boarding alll my life..... do you ski here? where abouts? i'd like to get out, before it's over..... now with the new snow.... it'd be kindof funny after living in the Rockies....


 Me: I love skiing but havent done it in forever. I think I'm going to ski while I'm in Wausau. There's really nowhere good to ski here. Yeah you will be highly disappointed. Ha


 Patrick: yeah, we used to go west as kids for a week or two, got spoiled, but still skiied little switz


 Me: Marie and I were cracking up at the back and forth political banter on her page the other day. I think you guys got up to like 90 comments. That is why I dont debate politics on FB anymore. But it's awesome to read everyone elses opinions! :)


 Patrick: i love that shit. Especially when i see a little ignorance (so i think....) as long as everyone can keep it cool.... which everyone did.... lol who was that Tom guy? maried to Marie??? lol i think i got invited to thanksgiving... :) jk i just busted his chops again, he's still going on electric cars on his page....


 Me: Tom is her husband. He is very passionate about politics. Marie told me her cousin, Mark imvited you to t-giving. We got a kick out of it.


 Patrick: i was dying laughing... i think i'll keep that one going with Mark as the date approaches.


 Me: That's Tom for ya. Politics are basically all he posts about. Ha


 Patrick: hes very passionate about anti-obama, i'm not sure the rest of his political game is too strong... LOL but a nice guy from our one exchange...


Me: Tom knows what he's talking about! ;) But he kinda is like the male version of Anne Coulter. A little to extreme Very nice guy though. *too


 Patrick: lol.... it was fun to meet him.... he just met another rabble rouser, so i'm sure we'll be talking......... I'm headed to try to read this book before i get too tired.... it was really cool to catch up with you! i'll see you on FB, our running page and hopefully in person at a little run or a beer at your pub someday!!!! :) sleep tight!!! :)


 Me: Sounds good! Have a great night, Patrick! :)


 Patrick: You too ....


 Me: ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment